“COVID – 19 Healthcare and Social Security Fund” has been established by H.E. Gotabaya Rajapaksa, President of Sri Lanka on 23 March 2020 to strengthen the mitigation activities aimed at controlling the spread of COVID-19 virus in the country and related social welfare programmes. Creating the Fund, the President’s Fund has donated Rs. 100 million for these purposes.
The Fund has been set up to meet the following objectives.
1. To provide immediate funding requirement of Director General, Health Services to meet all expenditure connected with COVID-19 related healthcare facilities including drugs, testing equipment and capacity expenses.
2. To meet expenses connected to healthcare and safety of health sector employees and all logistic providers working to provide essential public delivery services.
3. To provide basic essentials to children, women, low income, elderly, differently abled and vulnerable people.
4. To mobilize required funding to strengthen public healthcare systems, including village and remote area dispensaries, testing and treatment centers, family healthcare system, to further consolidate Sri Lanka’s public healthcare system to reduce country risks to communicable diseases.
5. To assist indigenous medicine, sanitary product manufacturing and distribution, promote research to use resources, knowledge and skills to innovate new health and sanitation products based on local raw materials.
6. To promote research and innovation using Sri Lanka’s medical and scientific knowledge and experience to develop protective dresses and sanitation products to global market.
7. To promote healthy living with organic food consumption, valuing traditional, yet rich living styles, through media and educational programmes.
8. To coordinate fund raising with WHO, UNICEF, UNDP, World Bank, ADB and Sri Lanka’s major development partner community and agencies based on best guidelines for resource allocations, harmonized national procurement system and governance practices.
The Fund will be managed under a management committee consisting of relevant Line Ministry Secretaries, appointed Bankers, Financial Analysts and Health authorities.
Sri Lankans as well as foreign donors, and companies are welcome to make their financial contributions directly to the Fund’s Sri Lanka account or through the High Commission. Donations will be exempted from tax and foreign exchange regulations of Sri Lanka.
COVID – 19 Healthcare and Social Security Fund
Bank : Bank of Ceylon
Branch: Corporate Branch
Account No. : 85737373
High Commission of Sri Lanka, Singapore
Bank : DBS Bank Limited
Account Holder: Sri Lanka High Commission
Account No. : 028-900074-4
Swift Code: DBSSSGSG
(Please mention as donation for COVID – 19 Healthcare and Social Security Fund)
An official receipt will be issued for all donations made through the High Commission of Sri Lanka in Singapore. Please inform the High Commission of the donation made via email at firstname.lastname@example.org